PAREXEL MassBio Lunch & Learn
February 13, 2018
Cambridge, MA, (USA)
Tuesday, February 13, 11:30 a.m.– 1 p.m.
Registration starts at 11 a.m.
Lunch/Presentation starts at 11:30 a.m.
Reality or Myth: Taking a Hybrid Approach to Real-World Evidence
The need for real-world evidence is clear. Unfortunately, the pathway for companies to obtain the right data, data that presents actionable insights, is often unclear. The quality of existing real-world healthcare data can be poor and incomplete, since it is typically not collected for research purposes. Understanding exactly what data are needed by stakeholders, when certain types of data can be utilized and the significant regulatory uncertainty around use of real-world data, are only adding to daily pressures. In an ideal world, companies need fit-for-purpose data that will help them better address the needs of their stakeholders. They need data validated for context and completeness, data that can support the analysis and insights. Can this really be achieved without getting lost in terabytes of data?
This presentation will:
- Discuss approaches to navigating the proliferating data asset market
- Look at the requirements to aggregate data from multiple sources
- Address how to identify and bridge the gaps present in existing real-world data sets
- Explore the evolution of technology that supports 'big data' plumbing and integration of primary and secondary data
- Share recent industry perspectives on deriving value from real-world data
Ashish Dugar,VP, Medical Affairs & Patient Advocacy, Sarepta Therapeutics
Camie Britton, Senior Director, Real-World Data Services, PAREXEL International
Michelle Hoiseth, Corporate Vice President, Real-World Data Services, PAREXEL International
Aaron Kamauu, VP, Real-World Data Services, PAREXEL International