PAREXEL EXPERTS TO ADDRESS TRENDS IN HEALTH ECONOMICS, OUTCOMES RESEARCH, AND RISK MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS AT ISPOR ANNUAL EUROPEAN CONGRESS
Boston, MA, October 28, 2010—Experts from PAREXEL International Corporation (NASDAQ: PRXL), a leading global biopharmaceutical services provider, will address key trends in health economics and outcomes research techniques, as well as the utilization of pharmacoeconomic studies, cost effective study management, and regulatory risk management requirements, at the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 13th Annual European Congress. During the meeting, to be held November 6 – 9, 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, PAREXEL representatives will be in attendance to discuss expertise related to all phases of clinical development, post-approval research, reimbursement and market access, and medical communications. Attendees can learn more about these areas by visiting PAREXEL Stands 38 and 39 in the exhibit hall.
The ISPOR meeting program features numerous sessions, which will be presented by PAREXEL experts, including:
- Targeted Cancer Therapies: Pricing, Access and Uptake– Saurabh Aggarwal, Ph.D., Principal Consultant, Reimbursement and Market Access, PAREXEL Consulting (Poster Session I, November 7, 12:00 – 19:15)
- Economic Modeling for Treatment Failure Patients Using Multiple Rounds of Therapy as Comparator– Saurabh Aggarwal, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, Reimbursement and Market Access, PAREXEL Consulting (Poster Session I, November 7, 12:00 – 19:15)
- Trends in Cost Effectiveness Studies of High Budget Impact Drugs– Saurabh Aggarwal, Ph.D., Senior Consultant, Reimbursement and Market Access, PAREXEL Consulting (Poster Session II, November 8, 8:00 – 19:00)
- The Use of Health Economics Terminology in Clinical Publications: Bridging the Gap from Clinical Effectiveness to Comparative Effectiveness – Shelley Reich, Director, Customer Strategy, Medical Communications Services, PAREXEL (Poster Session III, November 9, 8:00 – 16:00)
- Comparisons of FDA and EMEA Risk Management Requirements for Recently Approved Products – Yvonne Lis, Ph.D., Director, Health Outcomes, PAREXEL (November 9, 8:30-9:30)
- Methodological Issues in the Assessment of Comorbidity Influence in Health Outcomes Studies – Victor A. Kiri, M.Sc., Ph.D., Director, Pharmacoepidemiology, PAREXEL (Workshop Session IV, November 9, 16:00-17:00)
About PAREXEL International
PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global bio/pharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of knowledge-based contract research, consulting, and medical communications services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. Perceptive Informatics, Inc., a subsidiary of PAREXEL, provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in 70 locations throughout 54 countries around the world, and has approximately 9,720 employees. For more information about PAREXEL International visit www.PAREXEL.com.
This release contains “forward-looking” statements regarding future results and events, including, without limitation, statements regarding expected financial results, future growth and customer demand. For this purpose, any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed forward-looking statements. Without limiting the foregoing, the words “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” “intends,” “appears,” “estimates,” “projects,” “will,” “would,” “could,” “targets,” and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this release involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The Company’s actual future results may differ significantly from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements contained in this release. Important factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to, risks associated with: actual operating performance; actual expense savings and other operating improvements resulting from recent and anticipated restructurings, the loss, modification, or delay of contracts which would, among other things, adversely impact the Company’s recognition of revenue included in backlog; the Company’s dependence on certain industries and clients; the Company’s ability to win new business, manage growth and costs, and attract and retain employees; the Company’s ability to complete additional acquisitions and to integrate newly acquired businesses or enter into new lines of business; the impact on the Company’s business of government regulation of the drug, medical device and biotechnology industry; consolidation within the pharmaceutical industry and competition within the biopharmaceutical services industry; the potential for significant liability to clients and third parties; the potential adverse impact of health care reform; and the effects of exchange rate fluctuations and other international economic, political, and other risks. Such factors and others are discussed more fully in the section entitled “Risk Factors” of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended June 30, 2010 as filed with the SEC on August 27, 2010, which “Risk Factors” discussion is incorporated by reference in this press release. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements in the future. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company’s estimates or views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
PAREXEL is a registered trademark of PAREXEL International Corporation, and Perceptive Informatics is a trademark of Perceptive Informatics, Inc. All other names or marks may be registered trademarks or trademarks of PAREXEL International Corporation, Perceptive Informatics, Inc. or their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.