PAREXEL Experts to Discuss Key Drug Development Insights at DIA 2015 Annual Meeting
BOSTON, June 8, 2015— PAREXEL International Corporation (NASDAQ: PRXL), a leading global biopharmaceutical services provider, today announced that several of its experts will discuss a broad range of key issues facing the industry at the 51st Annual Drug Information Association (DIA) Meeting, held from June 14 - 18, 2015 in Washington, D.C.
“PAREXEL has a broad range of global expertise encompassing the full spectrum of clinical development,” said Josef von Rickenbach, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PAREXEL. “At the 2015 DIA Annual Meeting, our PAREXEL experts will share important insights for the continued advancement of drug development.”
PAREXEL will hold demos at booth 1535 in the exhibit hall, and PAREXEL experts will chair or present several formal presentations during the DIA program, including:
Sunday, June 14
- 1:00 p.m.: (Tutorial) “Japan Regulatory Environment: Overview of the Organization, Processes, Systems, and Changes Affecting Pharmaceutical Development,” Alberto Grignolo, Corporate Vice President, Global Strategy and Services
Tuesday, June 16
- 8:00 a.m.: (Track 13B – Comparative Effectiveness Research/Global Health Outcomes and Economics ) “Emerging Practices in Product Commercialization Planning: How Cross Collaboration Is Redefining Product Development Planning,” Session Chair: Alberto Grignolo, Corporate Vice President, Global Strategy and Services
Wednesday, June 17
- 8:00 a.m.: (Track 3A – Innovative Partnering Models and Outsourcing Strategies ) “How to Make a Strategic Partnership Model Work at the Country/Site Level in Asia Pacific and Insight from a Regulatory Inspector,” Lydia Paul, PMP, Associate Director, Project Leadership
- 10:30 am: (Track 3 – Innovative Partnering Models and Outsourcing Strategies) “Emerging and Mid-Sized Biopharmaceutical Companies Building Successful CRO Relationships: Overcoming the Challenges by Applying Alliance Management Principles and Technology,” Keith Wenzel, Senior Director, Perceptive Partner Program
- 3:30 p.m.: (Track 1B – Clinical Operations) “How to Best Optimize Site/Country Selection Based on Online Feasibility Tools and Global Regulatory Approval Timelines,” Shawn Phillip Tedman, Associate Director, Site Intelligence
- 3:30 p.m.: (Track 16 – Professional Development) “Speaking and Publishing Opportunities with DIA,” Alberto Grignolo, Corporate Vice President, Global Strategy and Services
To schedule a briefing with a PAREXEL subject matter expert at DIA, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about PAREXEL visit www.PAREXEL.com or booth 1535 during the meeting. Information about the DIA 2015 51st Annual Meeting can be found at http://www.diahome.org.
# # #
About PAREXEL International
PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global biopharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of expertise-based contract research, consulting, medical communications, and technology solutions and services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. PAREXEL Informatics, Inc. provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in 80 locations in 51 countries around the world, and had approximately 17,440 employees in the third quarter. For more information about PAREXEL International visit www.PAREXEL.com.
PAREXEL and PAREXEL Informatics are trademarks or registered trademarks of PAREXEL International Corporation or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains “forward-looking” statements regarding future results and events, including, without limitation, statements regarding expected financial results, future growth and customer demand. For this purpose, any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed forward-looking statements. Without limiting the foregoing, the words “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “expects,” “intends,” “appears,” “estimates,” “projects,” “will,” “would,” “could,” “should,” “targets,” and similar expressions are also intended to identify forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this release involve a number of risks and uncertainties. The Company’s actual future results may differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements contained in this release. Important factors that might cause such a difference include, but are not limited to, risks associated with: actual operating performance; actual expense savings and other operating improvements resulting from restructurings; the loss, modification, or delay of contracts which would, among other things, adversely impact the Company’s recognition of revenue included in backlog; the Company’s dependence on certain industries and clients; the Company’s ability to win new business, manage growth and costs, and attract and retain employees; the Company’s ability to complete additional acquisitions, and to integrate newly acquired businesses including the acquisitions of ClinIntel Limited and Quantum Solutions India, or enter into new lines of business; the impact on the Company’s business of government regulation of the drug, medical device and biotechnology industry; consolidation within the pharmaceutical industry and competition within the biopharmaceutical services industry; the potential for significant liability to clients and third parties; the potential adverse impact of health care reform; and the effects of foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations and other international economic, political, and other risks. Such factors and others are discussed more fully in the section entitled “Risk Factors” of the Company’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 1, 2015, which “Risk Factors” discussion is incorporated by reference in this press release. The Company specifically disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements in the future. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company’s estimates or views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.