Your development path from new concept to approved medicine is now increasingly likely to go through Asia, and PAREXEL is there to guide you, with over 25 offices and research centers in 13 Asian countries committed to your success.
The number of clinical trials performed in the Asia/Pacific region has increased dramatically in recent years, for several reasons, including:
• There is a larger pool of appropriate clinical trial volunteers than in Europe and North America.
• Regulatory frameworks in key Asian countries (Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore) have evolved to promote innovation and professionalism
• Many Asian countries now have impressively sophisticated health care systems.
• A large number of highly-trained medical professionals throughout the region.
• Patient recruitment is China, Taiwan, and Korea is quite rapid now, and the data are acceptable to other regulators (FDA, EMA), as long as they are demonstrably consistent with medical practice and patient profiles in other geographies.
Asia is also the world’s fastest growing market for pharmaceuticals. Japan alone is currently the second largest bio/pharmaceutical market in the world, and China is likely to replace Japan as the second largest in a few short years.
PAREXEL’s broad and deep geographic coverage and rich local knowledge across Asia, represented by our thousands of employees in the region, give us the resources to support every aspect of your clinical development and market penetration in the region. Equally significant is that our regulatory experts work with government officials in each country, giving us deep insight into their improving regulatory landscape for development opportunities. Click each location for contact details.