Site must follow regulatory requirements for handling laboratory samples as per protocol. Some additional points to consider while developing your SOPs include:
- All staff should be properly trained prior to completing any preparation, collection, handling, and shipping of laboratory samples.
- Site staff member should wear proper protective equipment (i.e. gloves, lab coat, glasses) when completing tasks associated with laboratory samples.
- Site staff member should refer to laboratory manual and protocol for study specific guidelines of handling, processing, and shipping of laboratory samples.
- If site staff member is exposed to any laboratory sample, it should be reported to the appropriate site management and handled per local requirements.
- Laboratory sample processing area should be cleaned after each sample is processed and remained cleaned when area is not being utilized.