Located on the Glendale Adventist Medical Center campus, this clinical unit has been managed by PAREXEL since 2006 and hosts 75 early phase research beds. The unit is staffed around the clock by a highly trained and certified team which includes board-certified physicians in psychiatry and internal medicine, as well as Members and Fellows of The American College of Cardiology and The American College of Physicians. The staff consists of clinical pharmacologists, pharmacists, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, and clinical research coordinators, research associates, and a recreational therapist.
The unit offers participants a safe and comfortable environment for medical care. Features include a flat screen TV and WiFi at each bed, a large recreation room that includes computers with Internet access, games, and much more.
The Los Angeles unit specializes in studies in:
Diverse patient populations:
- Armenian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean ethnicities
- Healthy patients and volunteers including elderly
A wide variety of therapeutic areas including:
- Central Nervous System (CNS)
- Infectious diseases
Study designs including:
- Full PK/PD characterizations in plasma, urine, and Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) sampling
- Difinitive cardiac QTc studies
- Complex, combination protocols
- Bioequivalence in target patient populations
- An on-site sleep research laboratory
- Dedicated investigator site set up for Phase II-IV studies
- Dose-response relationship determinations
PAREXEL also operates EPCUs in Baltimore, MD, Berlin, Germany, London, UK and Bloemfontein, South Africa.